FL: Roger Stone says potential GOP gubernatorial primary candidate “has path to the governorship”February 8, 2018
Fort Bend, TX: briefs due Tuesday in public records lawsuit against Sheriff, CountyFebruary 22, 2018
A searchable database identifying pending discrimination cases against schools and colleges under review by the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights provides parents and taxpayers a brighter light into the types of discrimination issues under investigation at their neighborhood school or favorite college.
The disclaimer published on the Departments Office for Civil Rights website reveals inclusion of an institution on the list does not mean the institution violated a federal anti-discrimination stature; rather, it means that a complaint was filed with OCR and the agency:
- Determined the complaint should be opened for investigation
- The agency opened a compliance review
Additionally, institutions on the list are still under investigation or they are working to resolve the cases.
Little Jolly Politics searched the database for schools and colleges in Texas and Florida.
- Twenty cases of Age Discrimination and Retaliation are pending open pertaining to Texas schools and colleges; the oldest against the North Campus of San Jacinto College was opened September 3, 2014. The University of North Dallas has four such cases under review.
- Fort Bend ISD, with Administration offices in Sugar Land, Texas has five pending cases of Disability Discrimination under review.
- 135 cases of Disability Discrimination are pending pertaining to schools and colleges in Florida. Broward County School District, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale and the 6th largest public school system in the nation has 17 pending cases, followed by Marion County (headquartered in Ocala) with 10 pending cases and Miami-Dade County School District with five.
You can search the U.S. Department of Education Office- for Civil Rights- Pending Cases Currently Under Investigation at Elementary, Secondary and Post-Secondary Schools here. The database is updated on the first Wednesday of each month.